Alfaro Abogados Mining has a comprehensive knowledge of the key mining players at federal and provincial government levels, as well as in agencies, chambers, and unions, which allow us to assist junior and senior mining companies in the pursuit of their goals in Argentina, as shown as a reference when participating in:
- Advising in all legal matters related to the Joint Venture completion between Lithium Americas Corp. (“LAC”) and Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. related to Minera Exar S.A. for the Cauchari-Olaroz Lithium brine project in Jujuy, Argentina.
- Advising Golden Arrow Corporation in all legal aspects related to contractual, corporate, regulatory, and mining matters under Argentine law pertaining to the Joint Venture with Silver Standard Inc. related to the Pirquitas Mine and the Chinchillas Silver Project.
- Advising Extorre Gold Mines Ltd. (“Extorre”) in all matters related to its mining operations at its flagship Cerro Moro Project, located in Santa Cruz, Argentina, as well in the further acquisition of Cerro Moro Project by Yamana Gold Inc.
- Advising Barrick Gold Corporation in matters regarding its Veladero Mine, and the Pascua Lama mining project located across the Argentina-Chile border.
- Advising Yamana Gold Corporation in matters regarding its acquisition of Viceroy Resources – Gualcamayo Mine, and Northern Orion Minerals Resources Alumbrera Mine and Agua Rica Project.
- Advising Franco-Nevada Corporation in its acquisition from AngloGold Ashanti’s Cerro Vanguardia SA of a 2% non-capped NSR over Yamana’s Cerro Moro Mine in Santa Cruz, Argentina.
- Advising Uramerica S.A. (URA) in its Joint Venture Agreement with CAMECO.